Creating a Discussion Forum and Topic in D2L
Creating a Discussion Forum in D2L
can use forums to organize your discussion topics in categories. In addition, your course
can have multiple forums.
1. To create a new forum, click on "Discussions" from the communications dropdown menu, as shown below:
2. Next, click "New Forum" from the New dropdown menu.
3. You can type a title name for your forum in the "Title" field
4. Options are given such as "users must start a threat before they can read and reply the other threads in each topic" along with several others.
By default, the forum is always visible. Within the Restrictions tab, you can set the availability of the forum by changing the Start Date and End Date.
5. Once finished with this page, you can click on "Save and Add Topic" at the bottom of the page
6. Now, type a title name for your topic in the "Title" field.
7. Next, type in the discussion post you wish for students to respond to within the HTML editor located under Description.
Please note the options you can include with your discussion topic.
8. Click on "Save"
By default, the Topic is always visible. Within the Restrictions tab, you can set the availability of the forum by changing the Start Date and End Date.
9. Next, click on the "Assessment tab".
10. Click on "New Grade Item"
11. Type in your grade item name in the "Name" field
12. Next, type a short name in the "Short Name" field to display in the gradebook to save
13. Select the category using the dropdown menu if you have categories previously set up in your gradebook.
14. Type in point value under the "Maximum Points" field.
15. Click on "Save".
16. Type in point value under "Score Out Of" field.
Note that there are other options available as well.
Congratulations! You’ve just created your first Discussion forum and topic in D2L Brightspace!
Bookings Calendar Creation
Bookings in a tool available through Office 365 that allows you to create a webpage where users can book time on your Outlook calendar. It allows you to restrict the scheduling to specific days/time periods (such as during office hours), as well as ...
Use your computer to post a video response to a D2L BrightSpace discussion
If your instructor asks you to record a video response to a Discussion post in your online course, follow these simple steps using Kaltura MediaSpace to respond. Instructions Record the video Mobile: Record the video on your phone as you normally ...
Creating Awards in D2L BrightSpace
Awards are way to give kudos to students for accomplishing certain tasks in D2L Brightspace. Giving an Award 1. Log into D2L Brightspace and go to Assessments – Awards in one of your classes. 2. Click Course Awards. 3. D2L Brightspace includes ...
Use Your Phone to Record and Post a Video Response into a D2L BrightSpace Discussion Post
Using a Mobile (iOS) Device Open your D2L Brightspace course in the D2L Pulse App or the web browser Navigate to the discussion you'd like to participate in Click 'Start a new thread' Enter subject (title) Click on the '+' icon (above the text box) ...
Creating an Announcement Item
The Announcements tool in D2L Brightspace allows instructors to communicate course updates, changes, and new information to students on the course home page. Directions To create a new announcement item, click New Announcement from the Announcements ...