Elmo document camera operation through the instructor station PC
In some specific classrooms, the Elmo document camera output is routed through the instructor station PC. Instructors using these classrooms will be notified, so that they can continue to teach in the room. Below are the operating instructions for the modified rooms.
- Use the provided Sony remote control to turn on the projector using the green power button.
- Turn on the Elmo document camera by pressing and holding the power button until the light turns blue.
- On the PC, launch the Elmo Interactive Toolbox (EIT) software. There should be a shortcut icon on the desktop, or you can select the program under the Windows menu.
- Use the top two buttons on the main software control to switch between Document Camera and PC Operation.
a. Click and hold the center (black) button on the control to be able to drag it to a new location on the screen.
b. Clicking the PC button (mouse icon in the upper left) will minimize
the EIT control so that you can operate the PC as you normally would. The EIT control can still be moved around on the screen by clicking
and holding on the center (black) button of the control.
To return to
the larger EIT control, click on the small document camera icon to the
lower right of the smaller EIT control.
c. Clicking on the document
camera icon in the upper right of the larger EIT control will bring up
the image from the document camera, and display that full screen on the
- Use the document camera operations buttons to adjust the brightness, zoom in/out, pause the image (i.e. freeze), etc.
- When you are finished with the document camera, use the red X button to exit EIT.
- When you are finished using the room:
- Sign out of the PC.
- Press and hold the power button on the DocCam until it turns orange.
- Use the Sony remote control to turn off the projector.
Temporary switcher by-pass for classroom projectors
If an AV switcher fails in a classroom instructor station, as a short-term work around, the switcher will be temporarily by-passed, with the signal to the classroom projector routed through the document camera. Instructors using the classroom will be ...
Zoweetek Voice Amplifier charging and operation
The Zoweetek Voice Amplifier is a portable, rechargeable microphone and speaker unit that can be used to amplify your voice within a space that does not have a dedicated microphone system. To use the Zoweetek: Plug the large end of the USB cable ...
Why can't I upload a file to an Assignment folder in D2L Brightspace?
Check the Start and End dates for the Assignments folder. You cannot submit a file outside of that date range. Contact your course instructor for additional assistance.
Comparing Announcements to Intelligent Agents
What is an announcement in D2L? The Announcements are listed on the Course Home Page where faculty can post messages to the entire class. This is the first thing that students see when they log into the course. The Announcements tool enables the ...
How do I allow multiple attempts on a quiz?
An instructor may choose to provide students with multiple attempts on quizzes for a few reasons. First, the instructor is interested in allowing the student an opportunity to learn by quizzing. Second, the instructor is interested in allowing the ...