How do I Make PDF's Readable?
- A quick way to check if a PDF is readable is to try and select a sentence. If you can select individual letters, the file is likely readable. If you can only select a page at a time, the file is not readable.
- If the document is not readable, you can use Adobe Acrobat Pro’s ‘Make Accessible’ feature under ‘Tools’ -> ‘Action Wizard’ menu-> ‘Make accessible.’ From there, select the files that you want accessible and click ‘Start.’
- Screen readers are used by visually impaired students to read text on a document or web page aloud. If text is not formatted correctly, it cannot be read by the student.
- For scanned PDFs, make sure the text is readable and not an image
- A quick way to test this is to CTRL+F and search for a word on the first page - if the word is found, it’s readable.
How do I make sure my Office 365 documents are accessible?
Universal design boosts inclusivity by reducing barriers to access. In addition to being Federal law, it benefits all students to have clear, easy-to-use material online. Here are some simple things you can do to make your course accessible. Please ...
How do I Make Zoom Meetings Accessible?
General Guidelines Inform students they can rename themselves with preferred names, and pronouns, and pronunciation if they wish. Explain why they might want to do that. Minimize distractions in the background: try to make it clear and white, avoid ...
How do I Edit Captions in MediaSpace?
Any videos you share with students or staff must be properly captions. Kaltura MediaSpace will automatically generate captions for your video, but you still need to edit them to be correct. This is easy, just follow the following steps: Click on your ...
Printing to PDF From Microsoft Word(MacOS)
Printing to PDF From Microsoft Word(MacOS) This documentation is to provide step by step instructions on how you can print to PDF. 1. Click on "File" in the top left of your Macbook screen. 2. Click on "print" at the bottom of the drop down. 3. At ...
How to Add a Digital ID Signature to an Adobe PDF
Some College processes and procedures, such as submitting documents to the Academic Affairs and Standards Council (AASC) might require you to add a timestamped Adobe Digital ID signature to your PDF. Remember, once you sign it you should not make any ...