How to Add a Digital ID Signature to an Adobe PDF
Some College processes and procedures, such as submitting documents to the Academic Affairs and Standards Council (AASC) might require you to add a timestamped Adobe Digital ID signature to your PDF. Remember, once you sign it you should not make any further changes to the PDF document.
- Make sure you are signed into Adobe Acrobat or Reader by clicking on the circle in the upper-right hand corner. You may sign in with your firstname.lastname [at] saintpaul.edu Adobe Account, not your Minn State email or Star ID.
- If you need to create an Adobe account, please put in a ticket to the IT help desk as soon as possible with the reason for requesting the account listed as your need to edit PDFs.
- If you have an Adobe account but need to create a digital signature, read these instructions
- In your PDF document, navigate to the appropriate signature box and click on it.
- A box titled "Sign with a Digital ID" will pop up, be sure to select your Digital ID, not your Star ID and click 'Continue'
- On the next pop-up, click 'sign' to sign it, you may be prompted to enter your Adobe Digital ID password
- Lastly, please Save your document to make sure the signature doesn't disappear
For more Help
- How to Create a Digital ID
- Managing Digital IDs (external)
Creating a simple digital signature in Adobe Acrobat
Did you know that you can sign work documents electronically? Instead of printing, signing the paper with a pen, and then scanning the signed form back into a pdf, you can skip the printing and scanning steps by setting up Acrobat for electronic ...
How to Create an Adobe Digital ID Signature
Some College processes and procedures, such as submitting documents to the Academic Affairs and Standards Council (AASC) might require you to add a timestamped Adobe Digital ID signature to your PDF. Remember, once you sign it you should not make any ...
Printing to PDF From Microsoft Word(MacOS)
Printing to PDF From Microsoft Word(MacOS) This documentation is to provide step by step instructions on how you can print to PDF. 1. Click on "File" in the top left of your Macbook screen. 2. Click on "print" at the bottom of the drop down. 3. At ...
How do I Make PDF's Readable?
A quick way to check if a PDF is readable is to try and select a sentence. If you can select individual letters, the file is likely readable. If you can only select a page at a time, the file is not readable. If the document is not readable, you can ...
Opting out of Direct Digital
How do I opt-out? Saint Paul College uses the "opt-out" inclusive access model, which opts students in by default. If you would like to opt-out, you can follow these steps before your course's add-drop deadline. 1. Click the RedShelf tool in ...