How to use Microsoft "Bookings with me"
app has added a streamlined version of Bookings: Bookings with me, which is simpler to set up and easier to navigate than Bookings. Bookings with me is a great way for students to make an office hours appointment
To set up your Bookings with me
page with your schedule:
- Go to: https://portal.office.com.
- If you don’t see the Bookings app, click on All apps.
- Click on Bookings.
- Under the Personal booking page banner, select Go to booking page.
- On this page, you can create different meeting types (a general office hours meeting, an office hours meeting for each class, project consultations, etc.).
- Click the + icon to create a public meeting:
- Now complete the information for the meeting type.
- Ignore Category unless you use color-coded categories for your Outlook calendar.
- For the location, turn off Teams meeting if not a Teams meeting. If a Zoom meeting, include the Zoom link. If in person, include the room number.
- Then, choose the duration.
- Click Schedule customization to further tailor the meeting.
- It is easiest to select Use custom availability hours.
- Check Only during the following date range to limit the time frame. Otherwise, leave unchecked.
- Next to each day, select X for no available hours on that day.
- To add more available windows on the same day, click + next to the day.
Microsoft Bookings: Best Practices for Office Hours
The Bookings app is a great way for students to make an office hours appointment. For a quick guide on setting up your Bookings calendar, look here. Advertise your office hours. You can put your Bookings link on: Your syllabus D2L Brightspace ...
Recording Lectures: should I use Zoom or Kaltura MediaSpace?
Zoom Zoom is a web conferencing tool available to all Minnesota State employees and students. It can be used for live lectures, demonstrations, and provides interactivity such as screen sharing, annotating, chats, polling, breakout rooms, and the ...
Bookings Calendar Creation
Bookings in a tool available through Office 365 that allows you to create a webpage where users can book time on your Outlook calendar. It allows you to restrict the scheduling to specific days/time periods (such as during office hours), as well as ...
How do I make a D2L Brightspace Checklist?
Students love Checklists! If you build it, they will come. A checklist is a way to highlight important or required assignments, readings, discussions, quizzes, or other items for the students to complete. The to-do list allows students to check off ...
How do I Create Quick and Easy D2L Announcement Videos using Kaltura MediaSpace
Kaltura MediaSpace allows you to record videos that can be imported into D2L Brightspace or you can record directly into Kaltura Capture. Similar to YouTube, it is your one-stop shop to host and record webcam videos. Videos can be embedded into ...