ISRS/Brightspace Integration Change
On March 24, 2022, the integration between ISRS and D2L Brightspace will change. A planned future upgrade to Brightspace will render the current ISRS integration inoperable, so the change needs to happen before that takes place. As a result, the Minnesota State system office is re-building the integration between ISRS and D2L Brightspace. Re-building this integration not only brings Minnesota State up-to-date with D2L’s products, it also helps make preparatory changes for the implementation of ISRS NextGen (Workday).
Following the changeover to the new integration:
- New courses/enrollments will arrive in Brightspace within 15 minutes. Previously, updates were processed three times a day.
- Updates in Brightspace will only occur after a change in ISRS, rather than being updated every night.
- ISRS data will be sent regardless of semester. No more waiting for future semester courses to appear!
- Teachers will not be able to set a course as active (visible) or inactive (hidden) and will no longer see ‘inactive’ courses. Previously, this was used to hide a course from students. Going forward, a student will always see an active course, but can access it only when the current date is between the start and end date.
- Cancelled courses will automatically be removed from Brightspace.
If you have questions about this, or need assistance with your Brightspace courses, please contact the IT Help Desk, firstname.lastname@example.org
, 651.846.1440, or submit a ticket
How do I set a course to active in Brightspace?
To set a course to Active in Brightspace, use the following steps: 1. Click on Course Admin 2. Click on Course Offering Information under Category 3. Scroll midway down and you will see where you can check and/or uncheck the box next to Course is ...
How do I understand D2L Brightspace Quiz Statistics?
So, you gave your class a quiz and you see some information that speaks about statistics. What exactly do the various statistic values mean and how can this information be used to change the way I teach and evaluate classroom learning? The ...
Creating Awards in D2L BrightSpace
Awards are way to give kudos to students for accomplishing certain tasks in D2L Brightspace. Giving an Award 1. Log into D2L Brightspace and go to Assessments – Awards in one of your classes. 2. Click Course Awards. 3. D2L Brightspace includes ...
Rubrics and Assignments in D2L Brightspace
Faculty grading is made easy using rubrics! A rubric is an evaluation tool or set of guidelines used to promote the consistent application of learning expectations, learning objectives, or learning standards in the classroom. There are two types: ...
How do I change my payment due date for my payment plan?
You must contact the tuition office at 651-846-1395 or by email at email@example.com within 3-5 business days before your next scheduled payment to request the change.