Temporary switcher by-pass for classroom projectors
If an AV switcher fails in a classroom instructor station, as a short-term work around, the switcher will be temporarily by-passed, with the signal to the classroom projector routed through the document camera. Instructors using the classroom will be notified, so that they can continue to teach in the room. Below are the operating instructions for the modified rooms.
- Use the provided Sony remote control to turn on the projector using the green power button.
- Turn on the Elmo DocCam by pressing and holding the power button until the light turns blue.
- Press the laptop icon button to route the computer to the projector for display.
- Press the DocCam icon button to route the DocCam to the projector for display.
- When you are finished in the room, remember to power down the equipment:
- Press and hold the power button on the DocCam until it turns orange.
- Use the Sony remote control to turn off the projector.
How to Teach Adults
Adults learn differently from children. According to Professor Malcolm Knowles, you need to take this into account when designing your courses and instructing them in the classroom. Major Differences Adults are no longer dependent. They are ...
How to Create a Dynamic Lecture
Have you ever tried to improve on something? Perhaps it is a physical challenge decrease the time it takes you complete a distance by 10% or maybe it is a mental challenge to be able to increase real accuracy by 5%. All these challenges have one ...
Rubrics and Assignments in D2L Brightspace
Faculty grading is made easy using rubrics! A rubric is an evaluation tool or set of guidelines used to promote the consistent application of learning expectations, learning objectives, or learning standards in the classroom. There are two types: ...
How do I Teach Online with Zoom?
Do you want a fast, convenient, and free way to host meetings or classes online? Saint Paul College gives you access to Zoom as a web conferencing tool. You can host meetings, class lectures, or conference calls with audio, video, screen sharing, ...
Building Community and Instructor Presence
Being an active presence in an online class isn't as intuitive as when we are face-to-face. In this workshop we will look at simple ways an instructor can create a strong learning community in an online course. Learn how to build instructor presence ...