Microsoft Bookings: Best Practices for Office Hours
The Bookings app is a great way for students to make an office hours appointment. For a quick guide on setting up your Bookings calendar, look here
- Advertise your office hours. You can put your Bookings link on:
- Your syllabus
- D2L Brightspace
- Instructor Profile Widget (must edit for each class)
- Materials – Content – Start Here
- Email signature
- Office 365 email signature
- Let Office 365 help manage your schedule. Put your classes and meetings into your Office 365 or Outlook Calendar using recurring appointments. Then, Bookings will not allow appointments to be made during these scheduled times.
- Help yourself and your students prepare for your office hours.
- Add “custom fields” under each service you create. These are custom questions for students to answeras they are booking an appointment with you.
- You will see each student’s answers in your Calendar when you click on the student’s name.
- Under Edit Service>Notifications: use automated emails to inform the students about how to prepare.
- Be flexible. When you schedule your office hours, think about options such as:
- Offering both virtual and in-person meetings
- Offering both shorter office hour meetings and longer meetings
- Use office hours to boost participation and engagement. Boost asynchronous connection with:
- Weekly Zoom announcements
- Live, optional, study hours/groups
- Required meetings with each student at the beginning of each term
- Allow for more available times during certain periods of the semester (ex before a large assignment is due)
- Use topic-based office hours to model productive individual sessions under Edit Service>Availability Options>Set Different availability for a date range
- Allow time spent in office hours to count toward the course participation grade.
How to use Microsoft "Bookings with me"
The Bookings app has added a streamlined version of Bookings: Bookings with me, which is simpler to set up and easier to navigate than Bookings. Bookings with me is a great way for students to make an office hours appointment with you. To set up your ...
How can I update the Office 365 software?
1. To update Office 365 open any application (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook). ...
Multi-Factor Authentication for Office 365
How to set up Multi-Factor Authentication for your starid. Multi‐Factor Authentication for Office 365 Saint Paul College is in the process of piloting multi‐factor authentication (MFA) for Microsoft Office 365. This article includes the steps ...
Bookings Calendar Creation
Bookings in a tool available through Office 365 that allows you to create a webpage where users can book time on your Outlook calendar. It allows you to restrict the scheduling to specific days/time periods (such as during office hours), as well as ...
Microsoft Teams Video Training